A little over a year ago I got into my first (and hopefully only) car crash. My little Honda was crushed into precarious maneuverability (wow I can’t believe that’s a word) mode.
I felt immediately before the crash that we’d been driving around too much anyway, and I was eager to get a bike and take a serious decline in automobile usage. Despite the scariness and overwhelming to-do list after the crash, I was happy to not have a car to drive. It was doable, though it would’ve been much better with a bike(my bike was stolen twice) to live a car-free lifestyle. I really couldn’t complain.
That doesn’t work everywhere, however. The town I live in now isn’t as walker-friendly. I don’t live in a part of town where I can walk to the things I need. The city isn’t even biker-friendly and the public transportation isn’t worth mentioning.
On with my dream of being a family on the road, I am future-tripping on motorhomes I can use eco-style. I’m very much uninterested in gas stations. I really want to live somewhere where I can walk at times, and ride a bike, preferably a cargo bike, and then when I need to leave that town, I’d like to go in my converted bus or van, or truck with camper and travel trailer.
Here’s some information on alternative fuels:
- Converting the VW Jetta to Run on Veggie Oil (neatorama.com)
- An inspiring nomadic experience: an interview with Brad Florescu, travel journalist and photographer (yabbedoo.wordpress.com)
- Cargo E-Bikes Take Killer Trucks Off City Streets (treehugger.com)
- RANDOM NOMAD: Jeff Jung, American Expat in Colombia & Career Break Travel Guy (thedisplacednation.com)
- Film Life Vrs. Nomad Life (thevagabondfilmmaker.com)
- new light weight cargo bike (tingilinde.typepad.com)
- VW Vanagon’s “Go Green” – Bio Diesel Seals Now Available (prweb.com)
- High gas prices fuel students’ bio-diesel automotive project (charlotte.news14.com)
- BioWillie Biodiesel (stillisstillmoving.com)
- High School Student Solving The Energy Problem (business-opportunities.biz)
- Pickens Co. Bio-Diesel Project Saves Big On Fuel Costs (wspa.com)