I can’t believe this month is almost over. If you’ve been reading for awhile, you might remember me sharing my dream of biking long distances with kids in tow. I had the idea of biking across California, then maybe the U.S., then maybe the Americas as a whole…or just from CA to S. America…after all this isn’t a dream that only I’ve had, I’ve been reading about many families making similar dreams come true, for years.
Not only have I wanted to bike long distances, I’ve wanted to bike as a means of transportation…or one means. I love walking to be honest. I was happy(in a way) when my car crashed. It worked in California.
In Georgia, it doesn’t work so well..
Oh yeah, I have had this amazing LUCK of having every bike I’ve had in my adulthood stolen… it sure makes for a great story… I’d like to make a new story though.
Ever since I spent my days with my little family at the parks of Sacramento I have coveted the cargo bike!
I (literally) dream of one of these beauties changing my lifestyle, and inspiring other parents to take to two-wheels with their kids(or tons of fruit for my frugis out there). I know I was inspired by a brave, beautiful mama in a park over a year ago…
I want, I want, I dream…
Can anyone help me make this dream come true? I will sponsor the shit out of one of these puppies!
I’d love to start a bike revolution in this town, and wherever else my travels take me…
Why I love bikes:
- Free work-out, I think it’s one of the best ways to get strong legs and um there’s nothing more empowering to me.
- Freedom, public transportation can be awesome, in some places, but it sure does put a cramp on freedom if you have to use it all the time.
- Eco-friendly, I love this planet, I love being able to get around without taking forever(by foot) and without using gas.
- Poverty-friendly. In some places resource centers for the poor and homeless provide their clients with bikes. Bikes can be fixed and repaired and re-built moderately easy, from what I’ve read. People without homes can keep their things in/on their bikes, if you don’t like the way it looks…don’t look. Try to live without shelter for a month and then
Here’s some eye-candy:
Yeah, I really had to stop myself from finding more photos. There are so many different types and don’t get my started on RV’s…that’s another dream(story) altogether. You could check out my pinterest if you can’t get enough…I had to stop myself there too!
For more information on Bike month click on the link at hand http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/
Also check out this great organization http://www.worldbike.org
- [Blisstree] 8 Ways To Make Your Vagina Love Biking (blisstree.com)
- Slim On Your Way To Work: Tips For Biking Like A Commuting Pro (self.com)
- Altered Dreams (featheraniweda.wordpress.com)
- It’s National Bike-To-Work Week (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Bike-to-Work Day on Friday, and free bus rides all week (westseattleblog.com)
- Detroit Will Celebrate Bike To Work Week With Friday Campus Martius Meet Up (huffingtonpost.com)